Sunday, August 11, 2019

respite from the rut

Since I'm taking my vacation in November, this year has been a long slog of that daily grind/rut. And, after that lockdown last week? I really wanted a break. So, I scored a last minute AirBnB in the Shenandoah Valley and hit the road to see some Perseids.


Chilaquiles filling my dinner with picante zestiness. Haven't had these for TOO long; I really ought to learn how to make them.


A charming and cosy room.


And a stone Buddha hanging about.



Homemade stained glass light cover in the bathroom. While I didn't see any meteors, it was wonderful to be out of town for a few hours.

3 comments:

  1. When I was in Mexico City I had the chilaquiles daily. They're SUPER easy to make - all you need is a few slightly stale corn tortillas, and you're on your way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I've had them two ways, one green one red, and this recipe is the one I prefer.

      I'm going to be singing O, Shenandoah-ah for a good long time, btw...

      Delete
    2. Some Austin friends did a blog account where they sampled 100 different chilaquiles! It was marvelous.

      And, you're welcome for the earworm. At least it's a gorgeous song.

      Delete