Monday, November 11, 2019

another adventure


Made it to Dulles with what I thought was plenty of time to get to the gate. Except there was no one at the counter for check-in for over thirty minutes. Made it to a very snowy Toronto~I guess I've never flown international and then, domestic immediately because when I got the tickets, I thought an hour layover was plenty of time for bathroom/lunch.


I didn't know that you had to go through customs, retreive your checked bags and then go check in and go through security again. I don't know if it was flying on a holiday, or this specific airline, or Canadaians are more laid back~but I barely made my connection. Fortunately, Cadbury is for sale every where, so I kinda had lunch. 


Puzzled by all the used needle boxes in the restrooms in both Toronto and Montreal airports.


Managed to buy the right ticket and catch the local bus into the downtown area and then sludged through road construction on foot to find my little loft.


Did a stroll around the 'hood after dropping the luggage~lots of stone and charm. Looking forward to a longer walk in the daylight. 





Found some fresh baguette and herbed butter and am all tucked in for the night.

6 comments:

  1. Sharps boxes are everywhere, actually - I think they're just a different color in Canadian airports? They're so people can safely dispose of their needles - and so people working aren't at risk.

    It's always nice when a country values their workers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or their citizens in general??? I

      I've not seen needle boxes anywhere outside hospital\clinics.

      Delete
  2. Well, Canada, eh? Here they wouldn't put them out for fear people would use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I practice in hopes they will feel sorry for us and invade, bringing their socialized medicine with them.

    ReplyDelete