Wednesday, November 27, 2019

liminality


Since I sound like Death's Assistant, our boss treated us to lunch today and sent us all home at noon.


Blissed out by being home, in my jammies, and slicing/dicing things for tomorrow's (and days after) feasting.


Yesterday, I meant to blog about the kindness of strangers, but came home rather cranky after the day. So, here's the goodness that did occur from an email that I sent:

Dropped my car off this morning. As I sound like Death's Admin, the guy handed me some Cold-Ez lozenges. Then, he worked out some discounts ($15 off for my bday). He also told me there's a Goodyear credit card for sitch like this. WHY has no one ever told me about this before????? You have six months with no interest. There's a 7 day waiting period, but it might kick in for the next round of repairs.

And then? Even though there is a bus stop directly outside the shop and it's a gorgeous crisp day, they insisted on driving me to the Metro. Then, my Metro card was out, but on the train side of the gates, it's cash only to refill (which is the stupidest method ever, because what travelers carry cash?) and the clerk opened a side gate so I could use the real machines to refill my card.




May your potatoes be fluffy, your pies be flaky-crusted, and your heart calm with gratitude.

Oh. And may your pants be stretchy!

2 comments: