Saturday, November 2, 2019

how did this happen?

Came home from an energizing day of teaching to find a legit invite from AARP to join their ranks. I do not know how I hit a half-century mark as I still feel 19 most days.


Since there was still a bit of daylight, walked around the block to enjoy the few leaves that endured our latest storm.


“Spring passes and one remembers one's innocence.
Summer passes and one remembers one's exuberance.
Autumn passes and one remembers one's reverence.
Winter passes and one remembers one's perseverance.”


Yoko Ono





“I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house."

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

4 comments:

  1. Inside my head I feel younger than my age. "They" say 50 is the new 40. In your case it's 50 years of having you in the Dunston family (a good thing).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got an AARP invitation about ten years ago - much to my amusement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotten them before, but this is the first time that it's legit and I can enroll.

      Delete