Friday, November 15, 2019

out/aboooot



Made it to Hippi Poutine~one of the few places that makes a vege version. As I said~all the elements are delicious, but together I find it strange. French fries in brown gravy, yes. And I love the squeak of eating cheese curds, but am not sure I like them in this dish. But I can see the deep appeal of this in a cold climate.

Anyway. It was nice to order in French, and sit in a crazy cafe watching the huge snowflakes go by and to hear American rockabilly playing.


Continued my outing today with a chocolate tasting at this new beans-to-bar shop. No one else showed up, so I got to have a private tasting all in English. Lots of fun and some delicious chocolate enjoyed.


I guess I was in a non-touristy area today~had French speakers coming up to me to ask directions. I have zero idea why. Maybe because I get into my city-walking mode which is mostly New York in attitude. And, forunately, I know how to say: Je suis desole, mais c'est mon premiere temps dans ce rue et je ne sais quoi. Montreal is quite navigateable with the St. Laurence on the east and Mont Royal smack in the middle of the city.

Tomorrow brings a lovely walking food tour.

5 comments:

  1. Je suis desole, indeed! I share the thrill of being asked for directions - although it happened to me IN THE NETHERLANDS, and -- what?! There are many immigrants there, though. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, our local Sprouts has cheese curds now, and ... nope. Halloumi for the win.

      Delete
    2. It's disconcerting because I'm focusing so hard on remembering my mental map so I'm shocked when someone intrudes on that concentration.(My phone is turned off so I don't have roaming charges so I'm truly going on my visual memory.)

      Delete
  2. I would have liked you chocolate tour today!

    ReplyDelete