Tuesday, November 12, 2019

in which we discover cheese curds


It seems that my arrival coincided with 19 cm of snow and a -13C wind chill.


Since many places are closed today, I bundled up and walked to their Notre Dame. 



Another birthday prayer in another city; many hopes for the second fifty years of my life. Perhaps it ought to have been one of the bigger candles? But I only had enough change for this size.



Bummed that they only do organ tours during the summer as I would have loved to gone up into Casavant organ. I'm still hoping to hear a bit of it before I leave.


My candle burning brightly as I left.





Transformation a la neige.


The snowy courtyard of a charming auberge~at least in the summer months. I need to come back here for the city-wide jazz festival.


There are two vegetarian joints that serve poutine, but they don't seem to be open today. Thinking about trying to create my own concoction of pomme frites/gravy/curds.

4 comments:

  1. The poutine is apparently pretty easy, but it might be easier still to get fries from elsewhere and have the gravy and curds waiting... the fries are the hard part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an odd sort of dish~I think I prefer aioli to dip my fries into.

      Delete
    2. ...yeah. I like fried potatoes, and I like cheese. I even sometimes like gravy. I'm not sure they all need to be in one bowl.

      Delete
    3. Right? All delicious things, but not together.

      Delete