Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I'm dreaming of...


Just finished watching White Christmas and was going to have a schmaltzy post on the title song~one of my favorite popular Christmas songs.  However, it was 87 degrees and it seems far more appropriate to quote one of Irving Berlin's other songs from the show:

Blue skies, smilin' at me
nothing but blue skies do I see.
Blue birds, singin' a song
nothing but blue birds all day long.
Never saw the sun shining so bright
never saw things, going so right


Supposed to hit the 20s very soon.  At least then there won't be such a disconnect as I experienced tonight~driving home with the a/c running and looking at the twinkling holiday yards.


My accompanist just sent me this guide to getting dressed here.

4 comments:

  1. I thought 60-degree changes in 24 hours happened only in Nebraska and Canada. Didn't expect Austin to be that cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we're not that far from Dallas which regularly gets snow.

      Delete
  2. ...hm. Wonder how recently Dallas' weather changed, because I cannot for the life of me think that it's always been this way!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not quite as wild here,but 68 yesterday and suppose to snow on Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete