Monday, December 30, 2013

winding it up


Mr. Rooster Hair blocking me from sitting in my chair~we had a game going all week with who could get their bum in the chair first.



Mailing a birthday gift to one of the California 'phews.


He also prefers the chair sans cushion.



Spent all week trying to get him to say my name and in this photo, he finally says 'Lali'.  :)



Always feel cosmopolitan/international when I get to board a plane directly on the tarmac.  Little did I know that this little vessel was going to provide 3.5 hours of turbulent agony between Dulles and Houston.  The pilots kept flying lower and lower, trying to find smooth air.  My ears (it is Wednesday night as I type this) have yet to completely un-pop.


On the second flight, I was seated next to a mason (stone, not cult) who has lived in Austin for over 40 years AND is one of the primary artists who created all the gorgeous stuff that I love at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center!  Such fun to talk to him about Texas livin'.


And speaking of such, as I had a couple of hours to kill at the Houston Airport, decided that my scuffed hard-walkin' boots deserved a nice New Year's polish.  From the way people stared, you'd think a woman has never gotten her leather shoes/boots polished before.

2 comments:

  1. Good grief, you can practically see your reflection in those boots!! Nice job.
    Also, how lovely to meet a (non cult) mason - and I am sorry about that flight. Our last out from the OC during the Santa Anas was just that ugly. Which is why we drove down to SoCal - I'm just over airplanes right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was a most energetic boot black~almost knocked me off my perch. I was surprised it was such a little plane for the long part~we had a jumbo jet for the...TWENTY minute jaunt to Austin. We drove around Houston's tarmac far longer than the actual flight.

      And yes, I am thinking a road trip might be fun next time.

      Delete