Wednesday, July 16, 2014

tentatively joyful


After five interviews, four campus visits, one Skype conversation, a five page philosophy of teaching essay and umpteen emails and phone calls, I have a verbal offer to become the choral/music teacher at a private middle school this upcoming year!


My classroom is directly above the glass doors on the far right side of this photo~it is the most gorgeous physical space that I have ever worked in.  Large windows overlooking those oak trees that I love.  THREE sound proof studios with pianos just off my room.  A healthy budget for anything I want/need.  Private staff bathroom (you've no idea how awesome that is).  Keurig and a microwave on my counter.  Tons of storage.  Nice risers that are the middle schools alone.  A brand new chapel building with a fully equipped stage (professional lighting and sound boards).  


And from the classes I taught in the spring?  A curious and engaged student population.  Here's to the next resume entry!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I look forward to reading of your happy adventures there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As of this reply, the contract has been issued and signed and delivered! Ms. Dunston is back!!!

      Delete
  2. Wow - I wouldn't have believed that the top picture was anything but an artist's rendering of a building except that the grass isn't perfectly green. Sheesh, it's fancy. I remember thinking Ursuline was fancy - this tops that without breaking a sweat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ursuline? Really? It was such a run-down campus. The choir room had built in risers~that was quite nice.

      I'll be posting more photos once I have keys and am walking around the campus!

      Delete