Saturday, February 17, 2018

artistry



I feel lucky that the Aveda Institute where I get my hairs done is just a block away from the National Portrait Gallery and that I was able to go and see the Obama portraits that were unveiled last weekend. 


Whatever the opinion on style/artistry, there was a reverence and joyful tears in most of the people standing in the queues to see the portraits. 



Another new exhibit~I never did figure out what the sentence was saying as it scrolled around the tube. 



My favorite sculpture here~La Chandelle. (The painting makes me laugh as it looks like a cartoon character looking at the candle/window.)



Some fun graffiti for Valentines.


I never knew this! 


Dignity personified.

2 comments:

  1. It's still so fun to me that you got to see this in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to going back when the lines are shorter & I can stare longer!

      Delete