Thursday, February 1, 2018

my kind of 'hood


Played Scrabble with my advanced class yesterday~they were thrilled to kick my butt with their scoring. All I can say in my defense is that my vocabulary is stellar, but my spatial skills are low. It was lots of fun, though. 


Finally had a cardinal oblige me by sitting still long enough for me to get my numb fingers to work the camera buttons on my phone.


Annoyed that I didn't see the blue moon rising during the frigid evening walk. But it was still a lovely way to end this interminable month. 


And I am oh so pleased to be living in a town where everyone keeps their Christmas lights up!!!


My opinion is~if there is snow in the forecast, we need twinkle lights.

4 comments:

  1. How do you score Scrabble without a board? These students seem far more advanced than one might expect, but I always find word games easy in different languages... just don't ask me anything about connecting words like a, an, or the, or the genders thereof...

    I do like the lights. It all looks very clean and tidy with lights up, illuminating just enough so that we don't see everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same as without a board~just no double word scores.

      It's been so grey here lately; the lights are needed!

      Delete
  2. I like the lights and also your cardinal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete