Wednesday, January 31, 2018

and now I know


I was surprised to see an individual student name listed on the school calendar for a birthday celebration~and then, I met Fatima and know why the entire school threw her a party. She is an exuberant woman from Morroco~when she gets excited (about every fifteen minutes or so) she starts to speak in a mash of four languages(Arabic, French, English, and Amazigh), but we still figure out the point of her story.


One of the standards of teaching ESL is the amount of food that shows up~one of the reasons that it so much fun.


Birthday girl wearing the green scarf. 



SO many cakes.


I am having such a good time this week~meeting students from: Jordan, Honduras, Saudi Arabia, Kazakhstan, China, Russia, Morocco, and Spain.

4 comments:

  1. Must be very interesting and fun. How many cakes did you eat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. None! I don't like cake. I did have some date pudding, which was good~but non-photogenic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a lovely variety of places. It would be fun to visit Morocco someday, I think, but I look at most of those places and think, "too warm!"

    ReplyDelete