Monday, January 8, 2018

cake and sleet

YUM

It's been an exciting Monday so far. I did get to teach at least one ESL class before the region freaked out and the sleet came.  I decided to swing by the library and Trader's since my evening classes were cancelled. Evidently, the entire county had the same idea. 

My students all had a huge exam over the weekend and were giddy with relief that it's over. One of them spent yesterday baking to recover and served me this divine cake~Hareeseh. Those of you who know me, know my opinion on cake. But this was so good that I got the recipe


And now, I am home~safely off the slick streets with a stack of books and a fridge full of food. Bring it, winter.

2 comments:

  1. The other half of the county was at Costco this morning!
    Good times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was going to get shived in the produce section. People were rabid and frantic. Weird since we all just survived the snow bomb.

      Delete