Monday, January 29, 2018

the Devil made me do it


Am subbing adult ESL classes this week. One of my name games is to have everyone create a name plate by drawing three things they love.

We were all puzzled by the devil on this man's card. Someone asked what 'devil' is and the reply was 'Satan'. Then, the room got really quiet. 

Turns out it's the emblem for his favorite football team~the AC Milan. It was a great ice breaker for that class.

I've been chuckling all afternoon over this. (also, note to self~maybe don't teach international students during the World Cup this summer. Could be a very contentious classroom!)

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA!!! "And this doodle here is shaitan, yeah, the dude's one of the things I, um, love...." I can imagine that went over like the proverbial lead balloon dropping. "Hello, I am a pal of Old Scratch" is oddly enough not an introductory gesture that leads to making many friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's even funnier as we get to know him~he's very mild-mannered and kind/thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete