Monday, February 26, 2018

oh yes, sometimes that light does surprise


Just heard from a former student (one I didn't know super well)~she's spending her senior year of college living in Lithuania because I showed a documentary (The Singing Revolution~because I sang with an Estonian choir conductor while in grad school and he got me tuned into their country) in a small school on Bainbridge Island several years ago.


Reminds me of the quote about how we never stand so tall as when we're standing on the shoulders of others.  Feeling so humbled/proud/inspired.

4 comments:

  1. You never know how far your influence goes. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to read her blog~I've linked it on my site. It's the 'dalisnotintexas' link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope someday you get to visit Estonia. It is a beautiful, green country, and the oldtown of their capitol city is... absurdly like Far Far Away, the kingdom in the movie "Shrek."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to be part of one of their choral festivals.

      Delete