Friday, February 23, 2018

happy halloumi


It was a gorgeous day of 70+ degrees, so I wandered around Embassy Row while waiting for my cousin. I'd not walked around that area yet and it was stunning.


I wanted to attend the Around the World event last year, but was on dorm duty. I am SO going this year! Food, music, and dancing from around the world all on one street? Sounds like just my kind of outing.


We had dinner at the bookstore cafe~sitting outside and nibbling on vegetable/risotto tots and the salty goodness of toasted halluomi cheese. 


Three hours of chatting and the excellent food did my soul all kinds of good!

4 comments:

  1. Food looks yummy. Be an interesting area to explore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just finished breakfast witj Les & walked over to the White House.

      Delete
  2. Architecture is very old and reserved looking - so weird how the E. Coast is patterned in some ways after British neighborhoods of the past, and though the English are all into disastrously modern metal-and-glass houses now, Americans have never changed basic housing styles, hundreds of years after the Revolution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to take a ton more photos of all the styles when I return.

    ReplyDelete