Sunday, February 4, 2018

if you're looking for the joyful, find the next post


Today started out so well. As my French press died on Friday and Amazon has yet to deliver my new one, I splurged on a lovely mocha at Peet's.


I was so happy as I have some extra music students right now for coaching. The state solo competition is coming soon, so lots of young instrumentalists need accompanying. I was pleased that it wasn't quite snowing enough to cancel rehearsal.

And then. My car just died while I was driving to work.

On the upside? I was able to pull into a parking lot so I wasn't blocking the two-lane country road. And, towing is in included in my insurance.

Sad view of my little car
As I'm new to this area, the insurance rep had to find a repair shop for me to be towed to. And, as it's Sunday, everything is closed. The shop is about five miles from my apartment and the tow truck driver wouldn't give me a ride back to my place~or even to the shopping center where I could walk (and I'm schlepping my flute and music books). And for reasons unknown, my phone is dying. Trying to find a taxi service on a sleeting day is super fun without your phone going out.

So. I just missed a full day of work and will miss part or all of tomorrow's as well, and will have a huge car repair bill. To say I am frustrated is a small word for what I'm feeling. 



Baking a tater-tot casserole because only carbs and Campbells will do for this kind of a day. I think I win the title from Alexander for today!

2 comments:

  1. UGH - I am so sorry for the loss of the student income - I hope you can reschedule those. A rental car should help with that. Let us know how we can help.

    ReplyDelete