Friday, December 28, 2018

connections


As I cleaned out the work fridge today, was thrilled to find a can of whipped cream. Fancy coffee was just what this dreary drippy Friday needed!


I dashed out early from work to hit the bank for a cashier's check and then I met up with my new landlady to get the keys/fobs. Turns out that she is great friends with one of our favorite ESL students and her daughter (llady) took music lessons at my former school in Bethesda. 


So, even though it feels like I don't know many people back here, I already have some connections!! Such a cool coincidence. I think I forgot to mention that I have an audition on the 8th for a local chorus~time to sink in some roots and find community.


I had loaded the trunk of my car yesterday and was happy to unload it and find that I had candles with me! My new home is so airy and spacious~looking forward to a very happy year there.

2 comments: