Saturday, December 29, 2018

I shall be moved


Standing in ankle deep muck and mire, watching the sunrise and waiting for the movers. Between moving stress and a bad cold, I was WIDE awake at 3 a.m. Thrilled to leave this place of no sidewalks.


It's perhaps a sad sign when your movers know you? I've had the same guy three times now~with others rotating in. They are a stellar moving company, but I hope to not need them for a very long time.


Got everything unloaded and walked across the street to Harris Teeter to get some basics for survival. I laughed when I saw these in the frozen aisle as one of my nieces is obsessed with Monkey Bread. Now I have bribery to get her to come and visit.


The same niece helped me choose this snazzy cover for my brand new Kindle Fire!! And miracle, Amazon guy actually found my doorstep. I'll post a map of the property and you'll understand.


Sweet little helper was worn out from the move~she and her mama came over and hung out in the unit while I stayed in the parking lot with the truck. Much appreciated help and company.

It's hard to articulate just how happy I am at present~it's been a long and strange two years. I am not one for communal living and am thrilled to have a lovely space all to myself. And yes, more photos will come once I tackle the cardboard chaos.

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps you can send them Christmas cards in the future instead of meeting up with them on a regular basis?! (Moving guys)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Totes important question: are they as cute as your other move?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Maybe next year we could all just pose for a Christmas card?!

      Delete