Thursday, December 20, 2018

lily pad


There are still Christmas miracles...people kept saying to not worry about finding an apartment~like it's an easy thing. Maybe it is for some people. But for me~low-income (for this region), massive student loans, no full-time job for almost a decade, and with really no rental history for two years?

I don't look good on paper.


Fortunately, I found Brooke three weeks ago~a realtor who took up my cause and pledged to find me a home. Unfortunately, she was headed out of the country for a trip. But she turned me over to Ms. Serene.


Who didn't really do anything for two weeks. But. She persisted and worked on my behalf and this afternoon? I turned in my deposit. 


I'll post my own photos once I move, but this place has all my requirements and many more perks!  My non-negotiables are a W/D in the unit and a bathtub. My preferences are for a gas stove and a top floor. I got all of that, plus a balcony, covered parking, AND a fireplace. (not real.) It's also right on one of the new Metro stops, so my commute just got a whoooooole lot better. And I'm 17 miles from my sis. And, there are two pools and not many children in the complex, so I'm gonna go ahead and invite my Little right on over for summer fun.

Movers are booked and I'm almost packed. And now I can exhale into a steady life~with my final exam given today, I am down to one full-time job and soon, I will have a home of my own for a year. It's glorious to contemplate some stability in my life.

4 comments:

  1. LOL, we were looking at/for TOTALLY different things. I insisted you needed AC and a pool AND in-unit laundry and then gas stove, and finally... assigned parking! Somehow the bathtub went out if the pool was there. But, either way, it worked out! The balcony is very nice. Happy new house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Awaiting your very own occupancy and photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ONE MORE WEEK. I really cannot wait~it's been over two years now since I've had my own place and I am ready.

      Delete