Sunday, March 10, 2019

saving the daylight, or some such nonsense


Despite this stupidity of moving time around, Sunday is my at-home day. The work hours are long next week, so I cooked a ton of food.


It's wonderful to have a full stove/oven again and slicing/dicing/stirring is very soothing~not to mention how good the home smells with things simmering all day.



I don't think I've every purchased an eggplant~I usually only eat them in Thai food, but saw a fun idea on the cooking channel last week, so am going to try them in my air fryer.


Tortilla shreds for my chili. 


Ready! At least physically~need to craft a life where Sunday afternoons aren't a swamp of dread and depression. I am grateful for work; just want it to consume so much of my life.


But for now, I'm cheered by these eggplant parm crisps.

4 comments:

  1. Your food looks delish. Hope to be there soon to sample some of it. I don't like Daylight time either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will be handy for you to have a car here!

      Delete
  2. So, they actually turned out to be crisp? Go, you!
    And, I feel you on the Sunday blues. We lived with that for years, just dread hitting sometime around Sunday afternoon. I'm glad you love your job, for the most part, but it does get so old, so quickly, all the strain of commute, etc. -- candles lit for needed changes to come soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super crispy!! I love my air fryer.

      Amen to the candles.

      Delete