Thursday, March 28, 2019

glimmers of goodness


The lilies opened in my bouquet this morning. (I cut the stamens out, but they're still a really strongly scented flower. Achoo.)


One of the blogs I follow did a post recently about reaching out and opened the comments section for people to leave a name (or partial) and address, and if they felt like~something they were struggling with. When I checked in, they were at around 900 comments. I mailed off four cards this week and just went to collect my mail and found a heap of personalized letters and cards. 


Including this sticker! The receptionist at my former music school in Bethesda used to say that all the time and it always cracked me up.

Just a lovely day of synchronicities & connections & seeing that people can radiate goodness. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that's really nice. Also, that sticker makes me chortle. So Southern. That, along with "Jesus, take the wheel (before I run somebody over)," makes me snort.

    Cutting out the stamens in those lilies is probably the wisest thing you've done this week. They're so pretty! And that goldenrod pollen all over everything is just so yuck! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lily thing is a trick I learned from the Altar Guild ladies of Lodi~that was the only way the choir survived the Easter season.

      Both are great sayings!

      Delete
  2. The price of a stamp - I've learned personal notes can make a difference. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful! And now I'm inspired to buy a stack of postcards and send them out randomly.

      Delete