Tuesday, March 26, 2019

making safety in the moment

 

Came home this afternoon to see a delicious slant of light~and my pleasure was quadrupled many times over as I considered just how fortunate I am to have (and always have had) a safety net to provide a home. Whether it's been a literal room/board while I transition between jobs or monies to help with down payments, I've survived to this day.

Feeling very...something...as we just found out a colleague has been living in her car this winter. I don't know how she got there, but it is deeply unsettling. She's highly educated, around my age, steadily working...and yet, her broken down car was her home.

We're scrambling to help her get into emergency housing and then find something long term.


While I've pretty much been grateful every day of this current lily pad, I am wandering around it tonight with deeper gratitude.

I've been reading a poem by Linda Gregg for a couple of weeks now and these ending lines are exactly what I feel: 

Making safety in the moment.
This touching home goes far.

No comments:

Post a Comment