Thursday, March 14, 2019

conversating

Not my real students

I've subbed an evening conversation class this week, and while it's made for some very long days, it has been SO much fun! We've got a good mix of countries/ages/careers so the chat is lively. I miss both the teaching and just having conversation~my days are way out of balance with wayyyyy too much work and very little fun and socializing.



Hopefully, the changing of the season and easing of the frigid weather will find some change coming. (And no, the poster doesn't mean anything significant, I just saw it this week and liked it.)

4 comments:

  1. I like it, too.
    But, I'm unwilling to like being bad at anything. And yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, are you mostly at a desk/computer, doing admin stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I sit at the front desk and do basic reception work. I also do all the registrar duties (grades/attendance/report cards), expenses, and now the visa processing. While I love organizing things, I miss the creativity and interaction of teaching.

      Delete