Monday, April 15, 2019

we won't always have Paris



So bizarre as while writing this morning and squinting out my window, I thought the rooftops opposite looked faintly Parisian. And I walk by this light enroute to my mail box and always thinks it looks like it could be along the Seine.

Other than the metro/airport, I've not spent time in Paris, but being on day 661 of French lessons~it floats around in my mind a lot. That, and a life in Montreal.

Just a ramble on the brevity of beauty and a reminder to myself to stay focused on the joys underfoot.


And speaking of underfoot, our boss has five children with varying spring breaks, so we're meeting them as they tag along to the office. Today's was a firecracker! Gave her folders to stuff and shelves to organize and she waded right in.

We were all snickering because she was very carefully making invoices for her mother to pay her at the end of the day. She just turned 11; I would say that it'll be interesting to watch what she becomes as she grows up.

2 comments:

  1. Some say the world will end in fire,
    Some say in ice.
    From what I've tasted of desire
    I hold with those who favor fire


    It just went SO fast.
    But, knowing Parisians, it'll be on the way to being repaired next year.

    ReplyDelete