Wednesday, April 24, 2019

steamed


Since a truck flipped over on a major road this afternoon and closed that one~which dominoed the entire Beltway into a snarl~our administrators decided to walk up the street to try a new Asian place. They had delicious/healthy/cheap bar bites and it was pleasant enough to sit outside.

I still didn't get home until 830~it took me 43 minutes to get through one stoplight....

But this post was supposed to be about my informative and interesting tour of the visa processing at Dulles International Airport this morning. I got to meet several of my cohorts from around the region as well as ask all kinds of questions from the alphabet soup that runs all the bits of international travel. 

It was nice to have a break in office routine and to be in an airport and dream of travels.

2 comments:

  1. We got invited to a Uighur restaurant next weekend - I shall report back on the hand-pulled noodles and steamed bites! I don't always do well with Chinese (?) food, but the bun/bites look tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't enjoy steamed buns, but this taco shape was a much better ratio of filling to gooey dough. And the sauces!!! I just wanted a straw!

      Delete