Friday, April 26, 2019

and whoosh, it's Friday


CupKate on her way to pick up big brother from the bus stop. Just SO MUCH squeeeeeee.


Shifting from gushing aunt to Laurie, it's been wonderful to make a local friend. It sounds odd, but making friends as you age is hard. While I do enjoy my current work colleagues, there are days when you want friends that have nothing to do with work. 


I've discovered a local botanical garden and my annual pass comes with a guest pass, so we met up after work for a walk. A much better way to transition into the evening than traffic.


The grounds look completely different from my visit just three weeks ago~we've shifted from cherry blossoms and daffodils to tulips and azaleas and dogwoods. The peonies ought to be in bloom by my next visit.


through the itching sneeze
Spring is radiant still. Blooms,
bees, & beauty stun.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, I am a real sucker for dogwoods (now that I know what they are). SO much beautiful! I'm glad you guys had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were a lot in the Napa Valley. I think they are just the most gorgeous of trees...right after vine maples in the autumn, natch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for "aunt" and "friend"! Great combination - and work also. Today's Soli's 11th b/d, and Grandpa and Grandma are great titles - still, I value a friend living nearby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can she be 11 already!!??! It's a joy to be involved with Littles whatever our title!

      Delete
  4. Isn't it a a wonder? How fast the time goes by! Luke will be eleven Jan. 2nd. Soli has just remained sweet and gotten even sweeter (not something one takes for granted)!

    ReplyDelete