Tuesday, April 2, 2019

April may babble, but it's a good month


Getting ready for an open house at school tomorrow; we're kicking off a new program that's been percolating for almost a year. Pleased that I found partyware that coordinates with the school colours.


 Got myself an annual membership at the local botanical garden; not only is it a lovely space, I'm hoping to walk there after school and excuse myself from the snarls of traffic.


It was 28 when I got dressed this morning, so delightfully crisp walking weather.



For once, a metal bench felt good to sit upon. 



Found my Prince and he's a reader, natch.


Cool modern sculpture entitled Sprout. Not sure if you can see some hostile and hissing geese~not sure what was going on, but one of them had enraged all the others.



I found where fairies live! I must come back when fireflies are flying.




Came home to this exquisite slant of light~last Monday's roses and Grandma D's green glass.

2 comments:

  1. FANCY paper goods!
    I am always intrigued by metalwork; my "someday when we have more space" dream is to make garden nonsense from metal and glass and odds and ends, and be able to leave it to weather and whatnot. But, that's a not-here dream; people just don't have the kinds of huge yards here - at least, not people in my tax bracket.

    Ugh, reminded myself of taxes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. & that's why parks & public gardens exist~to provide all that whimsy sans the pain of having to move it all the time.

      Hmm. Yes, I shredded my original tax documents by accident and had to have my school reissue them. Guessing I don't want to do them?

      Delete