Tuesday, April 30, 2019

yum


Can't remember if I've posted about some little noshes that students share~basically mini flatbreads with a delicious spice. They didn't know the English words for most of them, so I consulted my friend, Google, and found that the Arabic is za'atar. It's a blend of thyme/sumac/salt/sesame seeds and it's mahvelous. 


Came to work today to find TWO students brought me jars and bags of it. I had been asking where to buy it and which brand was good. Guess it's something that you *don't* use the store bought kind, so now I have heaps of this. 


And to top the day of good eats, someone else brought in two pans of legamuts~SO dangerous. Just a teeny mouth-sized bite of fried goodness.

A beautiful ending to April.

2 comments:

  1. The first time I encountered za'atar spice was in Santa Rosa at our fave Mediterranean vegetarian restaurant. The second time? In Seattle, in one of the little backroad spice shops at Pike Market. What I bought there lasted forever, because you really can use too much very easily - only a whiff, and a whole dish is changed. And now you have tons!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what everyone's getting for Christmas?? Although, I may have used most of it by then.

      Delete