Wednesday, December 5, 2012

& a parrrrtridge in a pearrrr tree


Ye gads.  About fell off my conducting podium today during a combined rehearsal.  While there are some gorgeous moments, it was crystalline that many of my 387 singers still don't believe me when I tell them that [r] is not the singer's friend.   Hope I can convert some of them before we drown the audience with "Jayzus Lorrrrd at thy berrrrrth".

And if I were clever (or motivated), I would write some lyrics to go with the 12 Days--something about 5 antibiotics, 3 inhalers, 2 syrups and 6 boxes of tissues.  This Green Plague still has it's talons in me.   Grateful for health insurance and double grateful that a vacation is quite near.  Planning on much rest/relaxation and adoration of the cuteness of the newest elf in my life.




2 comments:

  1. Oh, dear, do Texans use more r's? I would have thought it'd be "uh pahridge in a peah tree."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think it's more little singerrrrs than a regional accent. But oh Lawd, is it heavy.

      Delete