Wednesday, November 26, 2014

the trifecta of thanks


A sassy little birthday has made me giggle all day~wish this could be the image on my driver's license.



Lefse 2014 has commenced.


Although with the warm sunny weather, I may need to run the a/c to recreate the authentic experience!


My lovely & artistic friend J, unearthed a gorgeous mahogany bookcase for my bday/housewarming (which is truly above/beyond~she's helped me move twice in the past few months.  I promise I am sitting still for at least 12 months now!)  And ALL of my music books fit exactly.  Miracle.


Since the creme brulee only used a smidge of pumpkin puree and I'm not inclined to eat oatmeal on holiday weeks, decided to make mini pumpkin cheesecakes to use it up.


Got ambitious and hung a couple of curtains while w.a.i.t.i.n.g. for the cable guy to show up and fix my internet.  Am ever so pleased to be connected solidly to the e-world again. 

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you~may whatever table you're gathered around nourish you in some form.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, lovely lady!! You're ahead of me there with the curtains, and I've been in the same place for 5 years. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but you have actual, you know~furniture and rugs to soften the home! Plus, these are single-paned windows, so need noise/heat/cold blocking.

      Delete
  2. Hope you had a lovely day - my sister locked herself in the bathroom, twice (accidentally!) if this gives you any idea of the zany nature of the day! Your flat is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at least it was accidentally! Am sure there were some tables where people would flee to do that on purpose.

      It is becoming rather cosy! Hard to believe I've only been in it for three weeks.

      Delete