Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Stars & Stripes



Enjoying the Austin Symphony along with 10,000 others.  They're kicking off their 106th year in September.  (The Symphony, not the hoards.)


Selfie for those who complain that there are never people in my photos~you know who you are.

Fun shaved ice station where you got to add your own flavour/s!!!!


Hard to see, but the building turned the vees blue while we were watching

Seems only fitting to watch the July sun set this week

Going

Gone, but still not dark enough for the fireworks to begin



When you hear the beginning of the 1812 Overture, you know the sparkles are about to happen

As promised, blurred firework shot.

Walked home past my beloved Trader's.  I SO love urban living and not having to drive/park in traffic.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't been to a firework display since Scotland; obviously you can't actually SIT on the ground there since it's usually damp, but we leaned against bridge railings with the best of them.

    I miss them, but not the hordes of drunk people in public. I need to go to an outdoor Prom with symphony, definitely. Not that people aren't drunk there, it's just on higher end stuff...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alcohol isn't allowed here~and the crowd (and other ones I've been part of) is well-mannered for the most part.

      Delete