So, the re-entry from holiday is always hard, but it seems truly icky with the abrupt change in temperature and returning to a sitch where I am not flourishing. Since this blog is supposed to be about the joy in the day, here are the positives about being back in the US:
- I can drink tap water any time/anywhere~no buying and/or lugging around water bottles. Except to my classroom. And while driving. But still, I can refill them for free.
- Not shaking out shoes/clothing/bedding to see if anyone else if living there before I get dressed or crawl into bed.
- Dry clothing~maybe one gets used to being damp all the time. Or? Maybe if you’re not living out of a suitcase, you’ve got more than three tops to rotate on the clothesline.
- Not having to douse myself with bug spray before opening a door or turning on a light. Oh wait. It will soon be spring here and I will.
- Driving my own car. While public transportation can be cheap and you can have some wonderful encounters~you are also at the mercy of someone else for the volume, temperature, arrival time (well, traffic can screw you over while driving as well), and rest stops.
- Not having to worry if I made it clear that I am a vegetarian.
- Spending the weekend with my family~hopefully getting to do a fun outing or two with my remaining days of break.