Monday, October 7, 2013

a little swoony


It has been SEVENTEEN months since I have shopped at a Trader's as a local.  Yes, I have visited them while staying with family in Cali and in Virginia, but it is not the same.  Smuggling frozen goods onto a plane=not a good idea.


One finally opened in the Austin area after years of discussion and quibbling.  I don't know why~this is the ideal demographic for this store.  There are two more stores supposedly opening soon~one less than a mile from my home!


And even though I went on a random Monday morning, the experience was like a contact sport.  Lost track of how many times I was rammed into by other shoppers.  Fortunately, I was well-rested and well-fed and well-caffeinated prior to going in, so I managed to not mangle anyone in return for their rudeness.


Some of my stash.  Happy day!

4 comments:

  1. Love Trader Joe's. Didn't know you so recently got one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just last week! I think there is one in San Antonio, but that's a bit of a drive for groceries.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I'm still a little bitter we didn't move close to the one in Davis, but then, I'm REALLY VERY OVER the contact sport aspect of shopping there, and I really WILL run over someone's Achilles's tendons with my cart someday, if they don't quit treating me as if I'm invisible. ::grump::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These people were vicious and rude~it wasn't just a 'oh, sorry I bumped into you'. No, they were shoving and grabbing things and slamming their cart in front of others. Very out of character for Texans.

      Delete