Saturday, October 5, 2013

oh, sing along with me


 'Autumn in New York
why does it seem so inviting?'

Have been inflicting autumnal songs on my voice students this week, including my favs of Autumn in New York and September Song.  My east coast friends are posting lovely photos of colourful leaves.  And while I am loving the energy and joy that has come from living in a suniful (trademarked, thank you) and warm place~I am ready for the above photo and not the BLOOMS that I encountered on today's 90+ degreed meander...


Am sure a small part of this quibble with nature is that I am sick of my summer clothing and want to pull out my cute sweaters and wear boots again.


So, until the cooling commences, I shall continue to sniff at the roses & honeysuckle.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers. Enjoy your weather-- it's not like the midwest with their first storm of the winter. The leaves are lovely, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to drop about 30 degrees in the next couple of hours!

      Delete
  2. Hey - the GOOD THING is that lovely sundresses and such are all MUCH cheaper now - perhaps you can take advantage of the sale racks (or ask someone in a colder clime to do so, and send them along).

    I wore a sleeveless blouse to an evening party, so I'm with you. I was relieved when they turned on the AC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all boots and sweaters and scarves the stores right now. But I don't really need new clothes and I am enjoying the warmth~still thawing after the Seattle years.

      Delete