Sunday, October 27, 2013

what I've got

One of my miniature singers is learning the following song~am loving the lyrics, despite the irritatingly trite tune by the normally good song writing of Irving Berlin.
 

Taking stock of what I have and what I haven't
What do I find?
The things I got will keep me satisfied
Checking up on what I have and what I haven't
What do I find?
A healthy balance on the credit side


Got no diamond, got no pearl
Still I think I'm a lucky girl
I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night
Got no mansion, got no yacht
Still I'm happy with what I've got
I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night


2 comments:

  1. Yes, I can see with that rhyme I'd hate to hear this set to music, but I do like the sentiment as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the most annoying little ear worm~ dee, dee, dee, da da da, DA da DAH. You'd think with the hundred or so songs which I hear every week, something else would stick.

      Delete