Saturday, May 6, 2017

on the other hand


Wrapped up the school week and hit the road for DC.  As I'm sitting in traffic at Quantico, my bank calls me to tell me that someone found my wallet.  I didn't even know it was missing.  Evidently, I dropped it when I stopped at Chipotle (life lesson~always go through a drive-through).

Someone turned it in to another bank.  My bank gave me their number, but they were closing so I couldn't swing back and pick it up.  DC Friday traffic would have made it a couple of hours detour anyway.

I have to go back tomorrow morning to pick it up.  I am grateful that someone turned it in~with my debit card.  I am grateful nothing happened while I was driving license-less.  


I wasn't planning on spending several hours on the road tomorrow, but I am so glad that my bank account is intact and honest people exist!

4 comments:

  1. That is truly something to be grateful for. I'm positive you don't have multiple bank accounts off-shore. I misplaced my debit card recently and had it stopped and a new one mailed. Still don't know what happened to it (but no activity). Glad for you in this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So grateful!! This could have been a disaster as I'm soon between jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So grateful!! This could have been a disaster as I'm soon between jobs.

    ReplyDelete