Thursday, July 19, 2018

it's in the bag


Got invited to play Trivia last night~figured after all the years of shrieking at the TV screen while Jeopardy was on, it would be a fun thing. The humidity lifted, the cicadas were singing, fireflies were zipping about, and the patio was strung with my favorite Texas lights.


And best of all?? Our table won!! I had NO idea that you could get money for knowing random factoids. As there were five of us, I got $10. Woo-hoo. I just may go back. 


It's so handy that it's summer and the heat is off, so I can store my groceries on the vents/ledge. 


One of my favorite students brought me a tin full of Moroccan treats~at first glance, I thought it was fried meat of some kind. But no! Delicious almond pastries.



Today's elective was ice cream in a bag. Since I'm a lazy busy teacher, I did not do a test run to see if it actually worked.  


To all of our delight, it does!!!!


I am so doing this for my next party.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW, I'm so grateful it worked - hadn't realized you hadn't had time to run it first!!!! But, then, it's the scientific method you're teaching, right??? The hypothesis is always that it'll work... and the you write up your findings. Yep, that's how you meant to do it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And if it hadn't worked, we'd have a TON of sweetened coffee creamer.

      Delete