Friday, August 17, 2018

liminality


Waiting is an art form that I've yet to embrace gracefully. SO many job opportunities and zip codes to be considered.


Had a good interview this morning~this is my job. It was like my being exhaled as I walked around the campus~and that hasn't happened in a very long time. Usually, I range from 'meh, I could do this job' or get the heebie-jeebies and flee the interview. (SO much like dating.)

Figured the Torpedo Art Factory was the ideal place for some eyes to appear.

This morning was an interview with the Lower School Head~by mid-week, I will be interviewed by the Head of all three schools. 


Meanwhile, I wait. 


There is delicious Vietnamese food to be enjoyed,


and monies to be found!


And rescued trash to be rejuvenated... 





Voila!

4 comments:

  1. Nice stool - the silver legs are a bit of a surprise, but it works, though I would maybe sand them in a shabby-chic kind of way and add a second coat with a little black splashed in so it looks antiqued. But, that's just me - I adore silver and never wear any other metal, but sometimes it can look flat.

    Did you sew or use glue or both to cover it? I have done exactly zero upholstery projects (at least all the way through - I've helped remove umptybillion upholstery tacks from friends' projects) but they're on My List. Right now I have a wooden tequila box w/ a glass lid (for a very expensive bottle - apparently they're each hand-signed in gold ink - as if anyone cares) that I'm studying to see how best to use it to create a shadowbox ... I was SO BAD at dioramas, but that never stopped the love, and the box has maps outside of it, so I think something travel-related... happy art-ing as you wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The legs will stay silver~while it is my furniture, am very hopeful that I soon will have a space OF MY OWN and my Littles will come to visit. I want some special pieces just for them.

      I used a staple gun to fasten the main fabric and a hot glue gun for the trim. Although, I may pry up one side and add some stuffing~it seems very flat.

      A fun afternoon!

      Delete
  2. Here's hoping for good news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sweet Jayzus, YES. I am sooooooo sick of job-hunting.

      Delete