Wednesday, August 22, 2018

marvels


While I've been combining broccoli and garlic forEver~I had never tried fresh lemon zest with that combo. Let me just say that it is a miracle in a pan. Wow!!! (And yes, be prepared to eat it every time you visit. Should I ever unpack in my own kitchen again.)


Trader's sells halloumi that is reasonably priced, so I've been grilling it like mad with summer veg. Delish. 


The rains lifted, so I got a walk in and saw...can it be? A red leaf already? Having an oddly zen week (at least for me!!!) as I ponder five differing job scenarios. The nice thing is~no matter what? I'll be employed. I would simply like to narrow down the zip code for my apartment searching. As with any metropolitan area, your commute can make/break your mood (and here, the toll roads can seriously deplete your bank account)~so am hoping to know everything by this weekend.

Here's to the autumnal chapter of things!!

3 comments:

  1. I have a chunk of halloumi... and haven't yet done anything with it. That's a Must Do this weekend. I have a grill pan, so it can have grill marks on it and everything, but... must look up some recipes. Meanwhile, I'm going to make soup with my surplus of broccoli; one of D's coworkers move and we have all the frozen veggies we could ask for... SO. Much. Broccoli. Time for the slow cooker and the stick blender. And on my walk this morning I saw a leaf, too. Hope springs eternal, as it were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely LOATHE the chef, but these might be worth trying, too.

      Delete
  2. Oooo~maybe Santa will bring me a grill pan. Broiling the halloumi is tricky because with the olive oil and the water escaping the veg, it can all get either greasy or burnt very quickly.

    Think I'm doing broccoli fritters over this weekend.

    ReplyDelete