Sunday, August 12, 2018

some days


you just need to walk on a beach. I've got a couple of job offers to ponder and am not quite sure which direction to head, so I thought some saline air would clear my thoughts.


So, I drove to the closest beach~just outside Annapolis. Let me just say that Sandy Point State Park is the scuzziest state park I've been to and I won't be going back. 


But I ate lunch, perched on some sun-warmed rocks and amused myself by placing some googly eyes on a shell.


Then I made the mistake of thinking I'd pop into the historic town of Annapolis. It may have been opening week for the Naval Academy? It took me an hour just to get around a roundabout. From what I saw, it's a darling town and I'll have to go back on a weekday to explore it. 


This broken tab on my coffee can pretty much sums up the weekend. (I neglected to post about yesterday's fiasco of trying to get into DC to go to Aveda, only to find out that my appointment was cancelled due to the white supremacists roving the region. I live 11 miles away from Lafayette Square and there are still police swarming my 'hood.) But I am safely tucked inside while the latest thunderstorm pounds the region.

No comments:

Post a Comment