Thursday, August 16, 2018

smitten kitchen


Happy that the usual afternoon t-storm held off long enough for me to get a walk in after school. Sweet little kid sitting along the trail with a free lemonade/water stand. 


Since my Westminster friend and I went to the ball game, we're curious as to how fast we could throw a ball. We're tempted to get a few and throw them at this radar in our town.


Since the incomparable Queen of Soul died today (and my housemate is gone for 2.5 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), I decided that tonight needed some comfort food. I've had this  recipe tucked way for awhile.


Am pleased to say that it turned out exactly like the photos and it quite delicious!!

5 comments:

  1. Sooo, no link to the recipe. Is it cucumber? Zucchini? Broccoli? All of the above, with dill? It's a leeeetle hard to tell...

    We made her corn fritters the other day, and they are EVIL and must never be made again, because despite how many we made, they were gone the next day. BE AFRAID.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you click on the word 'recipe' it should link you~it does on my screen.

      Yes, most of her recipes have the flip instruction to make double or to simple deny that you made the recipe and ate ALL of it!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, oops. It was too small on my phone... Got it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet they tasted extra good consumed in an empty apartment!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter which job/s work out, I am SO moving.

      Delete