Thursday, August 23, 2018

O Romeo, you're kinda annoying


I won tickets to see this production~fabulous way to wrap up this teaching term! 


Invited an ESL colleague to go and we jaunted off to have tapas at the elegant La Tasca (conveniently across from the Aveda school~maybe this is the 'hood where I ought to be flat-hunting?). 



Hope someone gets a giggle when they visit this particular stall. 


Not so pretty, but the airiest and crunchiest eggplants with a delectable bleu cheese dipping sauce. I am in love with Spanish cheeses.


Lousy photos to show this modern space~gorgeous little theatre. 



Gettin' ma Kulture on

I know that my shutter-bug colleague is making some people very happy with People Photos~yes, that would be the SoCal readership.



The actors were stellar, the set was incredible, and as usual~I felt much sadder when Mercutio is offed than when the impetuous love birds keel over. 


Walked home in the coolness with the crickets singing me a lullaby.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I'll take you to the tapas place for your bday.

      Delete
  2. So deep fried eggplant? I can see them being airy/crunch; there's nothing much to them, really. I'll have to find out what kind of Spanish blue cheeses there are - I don't have much experience with them, but I usually love Spanish sheep cheese...

    Shakespeare... yeah. I'm never quite on board with who he means us to love in his comedies, and I'm never sure if I prefer his histories or what. I laugh at myself every time I see Hamlet - I'm just mad at everyone by the time it's over. All that overwrought murdering, and for what? Anyway - it seems like it's just a requirement to see Shakespeare in the summertime, almost. I miss the Botanics shows in Glasgow a great deal just now. I'm glad you enjoyed, even though Romeo and Juliet both are absolute twits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to the Shakespeare comment.

      I'll go look at their menu & let you know the cheese.

      Delete