Sunday, August 5, 2018

through the eyes of a 5 yo


Since all my Littles are blessed with things, I'm wanting to give them experiences as gifts now. As my favorite five-year-old is just about to have a birthday, have been trying to figure out an outing that he would enjoy.


So, when my sis texted me and asked if I wanted to take him to a BrickLand expo, I hopped in my car and zipped up the road.




But is it Art?


The sheer scale and number of tableaus was incredible. It must take some of these people an entire year to create these.


Grand Central in DC.






It was a stunning display of mechanical engineering~SO many trains and rockets and race cars.


My voice is completely gone from shrieking over the sound of excited hordes. 


There were, natch, many snacks to be had. 


And hopefully some joy to surprise someone in the bathroom. 


After a few hours of deliberation, the birthday boy decided to spend his money on a fire engine kit.



He did most of the building himself~with some coaching from Mama.




Since "sharing is caring", some other little hands got involved as well. 


A beautiful memory to tuck in my head & heart.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking him! He's going to be chatty about this adventure for awhile! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll probably be up at 4 a.m. to play with the fire truck.

      Delete
  2. Hah. Since "sharing is what you have to to if you have two others siblings, and want to actually keep the fire truck with minimal screaming and disappointed looks from Mama," he shared. Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While we did bring back a small packet/project for sis, I felt SO guilty for not including her. Three-year olds don't quite grasp the concept that everyone is going to get a special trip on their bday from now on.

      And it's actually big brother who parrots that saying from school. He's VERY big on rule following. Her? Not so much.

      Delete