Saturday, October 13, 2018

frolicsome


I finally got myself organized enough to pack walking clothes to take to work and change. As I no longer live directly on the W & OD Trail, I have to drive to it. Fortunately, there is a small parking lot directly on my way home, so I can still walk occasionally.

This newly chilled air made everyone super energetic today~even the squirrels were manically chirping and chasing each other madly around the shrubberies.


Feeling very proud as I made it in/out of my meandering suburban life without the gps today. It feels like I live five suburbs off from one route to work and two from the other. Now, to find the back road to Trader's.

An exciting Saturday night of laundry~but, after seven hours of teaching, it's nice to be doing something quiet and simple.

2 comments:

  1. I always wonder whose "old dominion" and over what!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. over the earth? over the railroads?

      I *actually* just looked it up: "Old Dominion is one of the best-known nicknames for Virginia, along with Mother of Presidents and Mother of States. The nickname probably derives from the fact that Virginia was the first, and therefore the oldest, of the overseas dominions of the kings and queens of England"

      And now you know!!!

      Delete