Monday, October 1, 2018

dancing with Fatima


As my new place only has a coat closest, I was thrilled to find that a former tenant had left this rolling rack. Now I can feel as though every day were opening night for a musical!


Came to work today to find that it was National Muffin Day. Or something. I don't know if the office makes these up or if there are actual days to celebrate all the foods we have. Since I'm low on groceries, I was doubly-thrilled for breakfast!


And then! One of my favorite students brought homemade treats from Morocco to share for lunch. (the title is in reference to her and a poem I am working on.)


And ever so grateful to crawl into bed at the end of this lengthy day.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you are settled again. Hope to see it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes~it will be nice to have you just up the road.

      Delete
  2. What is it with places with weird closets? This house has no coat closet, which is annoying. We luckily found an oak coat tree on Freecycle but there are always more coats than space... So I have hats and coats folded and in bins, which... is just not all that workable. Ah, well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know! I remember my cute little house in Lodi~there were like seven teeny closets~so getting dressed was a scavenger hunt between the 'top closet' and the 'skirt closet' and the 'shoes'.

      Maybe this underscores that I have too many belongings??!

      Delete
  3. It's too bad someone licked all the frosting off your cupcake! ;)
    What are the pastry things?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had mini chocolate chips on top, so I managed to choke it down. :)

      The tray on the left is savory~one with spinach and one with meat. The other tray was honey pastries.

      Delete