Sunday, October 21, 2018

one fine day


A brilliant fall day~if a bit breezy. 


Discovered that parking is free on the weekends at the Metro station, so that was cause enough to pop into DC. 


Construction at the site of the coming DDE Monument.


When it's nippy, the Botanic Gardens are always a good place for refuge.



Plus, the entry atrium is always gorgeously decorated. 


The Orchid Room is also a favorite spot of mine. 




Rare blossom...





Mainly my trip was to hear a talk/interview with this chef~it was hilarious and she was one of the more ebullient people I've heard. She was interviewed by a local math professor~I'm curious as to how they became friends.



And best of all? There were homemade noshes to be enjoyed after! I didn't buy her book there for a signing as it was double the price. But I have a feeling it may be my bday gift to myself this year.

I need to know how to make that yogurt dip with tarragon, and those flat breads that look like lefse.


A very cool temporary exhibit on the Mall for children to pose.




The Liberty Bell? (someone will get this joke.) 

As it was nice out, decided to hike down to visit with Lincoln~always heartening to read his words "we the living" and to see his steady gaze watching over DC. If only he could come back and be President for a bit. 


Penny found and an almost full moon watched me come home.

2 comments:

  1. What's the DDE? All I could think of was they were making a new monument for Eisenhower? (Global illiteracy? Um... we don't have that. But, it's a nice plinth anyway.)

    ReplyDelete