Friday, April 5, 2013

happy, happier, happiness



While I adore films/movies, never really watched Siskel & Ebert's reviews. With Ebert's passing yesterday, there have been all manner of tributes written about him and his life.  Read this stunning quote by him and have decided it will be posted prominently in my life.  



"I believe that if, at the end, according to our abilities, we have done something to make others a little happier, and something to make ourselves a little happier, that is about the best we can do. To make others less happy is a crime. To make ourselves unhappy is where all crime starts. We must try to contribute joy to the world. That is true no matter what our problems, our health, our circumstances. We must try. I didn’t always know this and am happy I lived long enough to find it out."

~Roger Ebert


So, in the manner of making happy, I went for a long hike around Town Lake this morning, popped into my favorite little market for fresh feta and then Bogart & I took a nap.


Probably a good life rule.


My phone's been wonky since being in the high humidity that was Houston, so the camera has been persnickety about working.   This montage of the trail was done with a single shot.


Under the infamous Bat Bridge.  I could hear (and smell) them, but they were not out/about.


Glad to be back in Austin.

4 comments:

  1. The bat sign reminded me of the coyote sign in Las Vegas Adrienne saw, about how they're wild animals... and you think to yourself, "No, really?!" but if there's a sign, there was a need, so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that I took photos of the warning signs in Montant/Wyoming in the rest areas: something to do with not stepping on rattlesnakes. I'll have to see if I can find those.

      These are in the same category as coffee cups that now have to warn people that the beverage which they are about to enjoy is hot.

      Delete
  2. Can't believe you went near a bat bridge....eww!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I got to be on the top of the bridge earlier this year to see the famous bats of Austin, so it was kinda cool to see underneath.

      Delete