Monday, April 15, 2013

succulents

 suc-cu-lent

adjective
1.  full of juice, juicy.
2.  rich in desirable qualities.
3.  affording mental nourishment.

noun
4.  a succulent plant as a sedum or cactus.


As Home Depot only offered pea gravel in 20 lbs bags, I'm thinking to go to a pet store and get some aquarium rocks to use for the fill.  But I am pleased with the paint colour I concocted and the  beginning of my teeny garden of succulents.


Hope this week brings some days with desirable qualities and mental nourishment--I've already got the cacti.

And speaking of wonderful things, here's a stylish man growing his teeth to be ready for summer's corn and watermelon.

4 comments:

  1. Nice selection. What a cute guy! I hadn't seen that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a tiny new succulent garden as well. Mine has faux walnut birds in it, though. I'll bet you don't have those! I don't know how to take care of these things, and I'm pretty sure I am going to kill them... but, hope succulent springs eternal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are darling birds; am sure Bogart would fish them out of the bowl and attempt to eat them. Looking forward to getting my teensy plants out of those ugly plastic boxes and into gravel.

      Delete