Thursday, April 4, 2013

two-steppin'




On the final night of this convention, they hosted a reception for the Texas teachers.  As there was free food involved, of course I went.  They had trays upon trays of theses pretty things, two chocolate fountain stations and a fresh crepe station with either bananas foster or cherries jubliee.  

And with any good Texan gathering, there was live music.  The highlight of the evening was watching an Irish nun teaching people how to two-step.  I don't know her entire story, but she immigrated here as a teenager and has lived in Texas since.  Think a cheery Maxine or Maggie Smith and you've got a glimpse of her personality.  She had a wild cowboy hat on for the entire convention; wish I had gotten a clear photo of her.


Another view from my room; this one at 2 a.m. when I still couldn't sleep. Was very pleased to find a ride home in a co-worker's car and skip the bus tedium.  Got home, made sure Bogart was still among the living and crashed for over 15 hours.



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's ironic that all these beautiful little desserts aren't usually that good. Gorgeous, but flavorless. But I still enjoy seeing them.

      Delete